Thursday, June 10, 2010

Light Bulb Jokes

I couldn't resist googling this.

There's way too many for me to list and sort through right now. I'll work on it this summer and try to make a list of the least insulting if that's possible.
Lightbulbjokes.com had the most.

My favorite in a 5 min. search was:
Q:
How many Apple employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: Ten - one to screw it in, two to design the icon, four to design the T-shirts, and three to come up with the code name for the project.

I was thinking of having students try to write their own light bulb jokes, but as I read them, the nature of the joke is to be deragatory to a certain group of people by picking on a certain stereotypical aspect they tend to possess. Hmmm..... Illuminate me. What do you think?

So, how many art committee members does it take to change a light bulb?
1 to define what change could be.
1 to advocate for the changing.
1 to make a model/plan of the change.
1 to clear it with administration.
1 to present it to the staff.
1 to present it to the parent body.
1 to document the changing.

Did I leave anything out?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I know that answer! The entire art committee and another 600+ people! (And if the art committee were to change that lightbulb, we would need to have lots of food, laughs, and thoughtful discussion before we could begin to explore all of our options.) How else could we successfully come up with a study that results in the design of a new kind of light bulb? We would want invite everyone else to try on their own to change that light bulb, because our true mission is to impact the way that everyone "sees," "thinks," and "feels" about that light bulb! And of course, this work could go on for years... Say, while we're at it, we could invent a time machine. Flip a switch... and look! We are back at the beginning — "Transforming the Ordinary!"

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.