The child is so sweet
And the girls are so rapturous
Isn't it lovely how artists can capture us?
— lyric from "Children & Art"
from Sondheim's Sunday in the Park with George
Mary Cassatt.
The Bath.
c. 1893. Oil on canvas. Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA.
Hisako Hibi.
Homage to Mary Cassatt.
1943, 24x20 in., oil on canvas, Topaz, Utah, USA.
Life is transitory.
Yesterday's flower is tomorrow's dream.
Everything changes in time and condition.
I thought the terrible war ended on August 15, 1945. Quite the contrary, fiercer fighting and war, and evacuations of people, seem to continue in a human tragedy today in other parts of the world. I see and hear helpless mothers and their crying children.
Through our own bitter experience of World War II, I hope to contribute something positive towards a better future and a peaceful existence for all people on Earth.
Forever moving, changing the forms of human-made society in the vastness of the universe, I seek something beautiful with line, color, and form in such a way, wishing to convey a message of peace.
Art consoles the spirit, and it continues on in timeless time.
— Hisako Hibi
http://www.asianamericanbooks.com/newslets/nl0705.htm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.